OpenOffice Tutorial: Close Database
- To close a Database without closing Openoffice.org Base, you must find the "Close Document" button.
- You should find it here. It is the one with the black "X" icon. Move our mouse over it and click on it once.
- Next, A window may appear asking if you wan to save the currently active document before closing it.
- In this example we want to save the active document. So click on the option "Save"
- Great! We have closed the database.
by Kaj Kandler
This screencast demonstrates how to close a database. You learn:
- How to find the close document button.
- How to close a database without closing OpenOffice Base.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Open a saved database
- Open a saved database using the toolbar
- Start a new database
- Start a new database using the toolbar
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.