OpenOffice Tutorial: Edit a form
- To edit a form, first make sure you are in the forms area by clicking on the "Forms" icon.
- Afterwards, you should see the list of available forms here.
- Now, move your mouse over the name of the form you want to edit and then right-click on it.
- Next, on the menu that opens click on "Edit."
- Afterwards, the OpenOffice.org Writer window should open containing the form.
- Now, the form is ready to be edited. First off, you can move a field, along with its label by first clicking and holding the left mouse button over them.
- Then move the mouse to drag them to a new location. Notice that a ghost of the field appears to guide you in moving.
- Once you are over the position you want, release the mouse button to place the field in that location.
- Good! This field has been moved.
- You can repeat this process for other fields or elements.
- Next, it is possible also to resize a field. To do this, once a field is selected move your mouse over one of these adjustment boxes and click and hold the left mouse button.
- Afterwards, move the mouse. You should see a ghost of the resized field to guide you in resizing.
- Just release the mouse button once you are satisfied with the size. Good! We have resized this field.
- Now, you can also drag fields to a location outside the viewing area.
- To do this, first drag the field as usual by clicking and holding the left mouse button over it.
- Next, move the mouse towards the general area where you want the field to move even though you can't see it at the edge of the viewing area.
- As you move it, you should notice that the viewing area scrolls automatically to follow your movement.
- Afterwards, release the button again to place the field.
- Now, just repeat the process of resizing and moving fields until the form looks the way you want.
- Great! We have finished editing this form.
- Next, save the changes you've made by clicking here on this diskette icon in the toolbar. This is the save button.
- Once it is saved, close the Writer window clicking on this "X" icon.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to edit forms.
by Kaj Kandler
Edit a form
This screencast demonstrates how to edit a form. You learn:
- How to open a form for editing.
- How to move fields and form elements.
- How to resize fields and form elements.
- Hot to save the changes made to a form.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.