OpenOffice Tutorial: Set a field as a required field
- It is possible to set a field as a "required" field so that a record should always have that field filled out.
- To do this first move you mouse over the name of the table where the field you want to edit is located.
- Then, right-click over its name.
- On the menu that opens, click on the option "Edit"
- Once the table design view opens, look for the field you want to edit and then click once on its row to select it.
- Now, look here on the field properties. You should see the "Entry Required" option. The default setting here is "No." Click on this down arrow to change this.
- Just click on "Yes" on the list that opens, to set the field as a required field.
- Great! Now, save the changes you made by clicking once here on the save button.
- A warning may appear telling you that the column might have to be recreated. Just click on "Yes" to continue with the change.
- Once done, close the table design view by clicking on this "X" icon.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to set a field as a required field.
by Kaj Kandler
Set a field as a required field
This screencast demonstrates how to set a field as a required field. You learn:
- How to open a table for editing.
- How to select a field.
- How to edit a field's properties to make it a required field.
- Hot to save the changes made to the table.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.