OpenOffice Tutorial: Edit form records/data
- To edit data entered in a form, first click here on the "Forms" icon.
- Then, on the forms list, look for the form with the record you want to edit and right click on it.
- Next, on the menu that appears, click on "Open."
- Once the form is open, look for the record you want to edit by clicking on these arrows.
- When you see the data you want to edit, just click once on its field to start editing.
- Afterwards, type in the changes you want to make. In this example we correcting the misspelling of this last name.
- Once you're done, you can click on the "Next Record" button to start editing other data in the forms. Note that clicking on this automatically saves the changes you made to this record.
- So, if we go forward one record and then back....
- ...the changes you made should be preserved.
- Afterwards, just click on this "X" icon to close the form.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to edit form data.
by Kaj Kandler
Edit form records/data
This screencast demonstrates how to edit form records/data. You learn:
- How to open a form for editing data.
- How to edit records/data.
- How to save the changes.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Enter data into a form using the context menu
- Group form elements
- Ungroup form elements
- Resize form elements
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.