OpenOffice Tutorial: Enter data into a form using the context menu
- To enter data into a form using the context menu, first make sure you're in the forms view by clicking here on the "Forms" icon.
- Then, you should see a list of available forms here. Right click on the form you want to enter data in.
- Afterwards, the context menu should appear. Just click on "Open" to view this form.
- OpenOffice.org Writer should open containing the form. Notice that you will be taken to see the first record made once this happens.
- To enter data for a new record click here on the "Next Record" button until you reach a blank form.
- Once in the blank form, just enter your data in their appropriate fields by clicking on the fields and typing in data.
- Be sure to enter the right data on the right field otherwise the database may have errors.
- Take note as well that fields with the "AutoField" feature don't have to be filled in since this is done automatically.
- Just finish filling out the fields as necessary.
- Once you're done entering data, save it by clicking on this diskette icon. This is the "Save Record" button.
- Great! We have entered data into the form and saved it. Now, close the form by clicking on this "X" icon here.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to enter data to a form using the context menu.
by Kaj Kandler
Enter data into a form using the context menu
This screencast demonstrates how to enter data into a form using the context menu. You learn:
- How to open a form for entering data.
- How to go to a blank form.
- How to enter data.
- How to save entered data.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.