OpenOffice Tutorial: Group form elements
- To group form elements, first you must right-click over the name of the form you want to edit.
- Then, on the menu that opens, click on the option "Edit."
- OpenOffice.org Writer should open containing the form.
- Now, move your mouse over the objects that you want to group.
- Left-click on one element once to select it.
- Then, hold down the "Shift" key and then click on the next element you want to select.
- Afterwards, right-click over them to bring up the context menu.
- On the menu, move your mouse over the "Group" option.
- Next, on the side menu that appears, click on "Group"
- Good the field and label elements have been grouped.
- Notice that when you move them by dragging, both elements move in tandem with each other.
- Now, save the changes you've made by clicking on this diskette icon or the "save button" here.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to group elements in a form.
by Kaj Kandler
Group form elements
This screencast demonstrates how to group form elements. You learn:
- How to open a form for editing.
- How to select form elements.
- How to group form elements using the context menu.
- How to save the changes made to a form.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.