OpenOffice Tutorial: Start a new database
- To start creating a new database, first click here on "File."
- Next, on the menu that opens move your mouse over the option "New."
- Then, a side menu should appear. Find the "Database" option and click on it once.
- The Database Wizard should open.
- Now, look for the "Create a new database" option and click on it once.
- Afterwards, click on "Next"
- Now, before saving the new database, you can choose if you want to register it. Doing so will make your database appear in the data sources view.
- Just click on the choice you want.
- Also, you have the choice if you want to open the database immediately for editing as well as to activate the table wizard after saving.
- Just click on the checkboxes of your desired options.
- Once you are satisfied, click on "Finish"
- Next, you will automatically be asked to save the new database.
- First, look for the location you want to put your database in and navigate to it.
- Next, click here on the filename field and type in the name you want for the database.
- Afterwards, just click on "Save."
- Great! You are now ready to start creating a database.
by Kaj Kandler
Start a new database
This screencast demonstrates how to start a new database. You learn:
- How to access the Database Wizard.
- How to register the database within Openoffice.org as a data source.
- How to save the database with a filename before opening it.
- How to create a new database.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.