OpenOffice Tutorial: Start a new database using the toolbar
- You can create a new database using the toolbar.
- To do this, look for the new document icon and click here on the down-arrow beside it.
- A list of document types should appear.
- Look for the "Database" option and click on it once.
- The Database Wizard should open.
- To create a new database, click on the "Create a new database" option.
- Afterwards, click on "Next"
- Now, before saving the new database, you can choose to register it so that it can be seen as a data source. Just click on the option you want.
- Also, you have the choice if you want to open the database immediately for editing as well as to activate the table wizard after saving.
- Afterwards, click on finish.
- Now, the Save As window automatically appears.
- We must first save the database to start working on it. So pick the folder where you want the database to be placed.
- Afterwards, click on this field and type in the name you want for the database.
- Then, just click on "Save"
- Great! You're ready to start filling up your database.
by Kaj Kandler
Start a new database using the toolbar
- How to find the New Document button.
- How to access the Database Wizard.
- How to register the database within Openoffice.org as a data source.
- How to save the database with a filename before opening it.
- How to create a new database.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.