OpenOffice Tutorial: Create a new query using the SQL view
- To create a new query using the SQL view, first click here on the "Queries" icon.
- Next, in the tasks area, click on the option "Create Query in SQL View..."
- The SQL design view should open.
- Now, click here on the blank field and type in the SQL statement you need for this query.
- Once done, save the query by clicking on the save button here. Look for the diskette icon.
- The Save As window should open.
- Now, click on this field and type in a name for the query.
- Afterwards just click on "OK."
- Then, click on this "X" icon to close the query.
- Great! We have created a new query using the SQL view.
by Kaj Kandler
Create a new query using the SQL view
This screencast demonstrates how to create a new query using the SQL view. You learn:
- How to open the SQL view for a new query.
- How to enter an SQL statement for a new query.
- How to save a query.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.