OpenOffice Tutorial: Create a new query using the query wizard
- To create a new query using the Query Wizard, first click here on the "Queries" icon.
- Then, on the tasks area click on the option "Use Wizard to Create Query..."
- That should open the Query Wizard window.
- For this first step, you will be asked to choose the fields you want included for this query. Click on this down arrow first to choose the table where the fields are located.
- Once the list of tables appear, click once on the one you need.
- Now, look for the field you need here and click on it once to select it.
- Then, click on this right-arrow to include the selected field into the query.
- Good! This field is now included in the query.
- Just repeat the process to include more fields.
- Once you are done click on "Next."
- Next, you'll be asked to select the sorting order for the fields.
- Click on this down arrow to select the first field that you want sorted by the query.
- Once the list appears, click once on the field you want.
- Then, repeat the process for the second field you want to sort by and onwards.
- Take note as well that you can specify to sort the fields in Ascending or Descending order by clicking on the options here at their side.
- Once you're done, click here on "Next."
- Then, you will be asked for search conditions. Use this step if you want to query a specific type of incidence or result in the data and the fields we have selected. Otherwise click on "Next."
- Afterwards, you'll be asked if you want to put in aliases for the fields you've selected, just put in the alias you want in the fields below.
- Just, click next to continue.
- Lastly, you will be given an overview of the query options you have selected through the wizard. Check them if it fits your specifications.
- Afterwards, click on "Finish."
- Great! The results have appeared.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to create a new query using the wizard.
by Kaj Kandler
Create a new query using the query wizard
- How to open the query wizard.
- How to choose fields for the query in the wizard.
- How to sort the selected fields.
- How to specify aliases for fields.
- How to create a query.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.