OpenOffice Tutorial: Open a Database
- To open a saved database, first click here on "File."
- Next, on the menu that opens, click on "Open..."
- The "Open" window should appear.
- Now, navigate to the folder where your saved database is.
- Once you're in the folder, click on the database file you want to open.
- Afterwards, just click here on "Open."
- Great! The Database has been opened! If we check the tables...
- You should see that the database tables are available as well.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to open databases.
by Kaj Kandler
Open a Database
This screencast demonstrates how to open a Database. You learn:
- How to access the Open window.
- How to open a saved database.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Open a saved database using the toolbar
- Close a database
- Start a new database using the toolbar
- Create a new table using the table wizard
- Open a saved database from its file
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.