OpenOffice Tutorial: Open a Database from its file
- To open a database directly from its file, first navigate to its location using the explorer.
- Once you see it, just double click on the file to open it.
- Great! The OpenOffice.org Base has automatically opened along with the database you selected. Congratulations!
by Kaj Kandler
Open a Database from its file
This screencast demonstrates how to open a Database from its file. You learn:
- How to look for a database file using the explorer.
- How to open a saved database using Windows explorer.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Open a saved database
- Open a saved database using the toolbar
- Close a database
- Start a new database using the toolbar
- Create a new table using the table wizard
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.