OpenOffice Tutorial: Open a Database from Windows Explorer with files shown as thumbnails
- This screencast demonstrates how to open databases using Windows Explorer with its view options set to show files as thumbnails.
- With this view option enabled, you should see files represented as thumbnail images that preview their content (if possible). Databases however are shown with a thumbnail view of its icon.
- OpenDocument databases like this one, should typically have a Base icon as its thumbnail image. To open a database, simply double-click on this thumbnail icon.
- Great! OpenOffice.org Base should open along with the database you selected.
- Note that with OpenOffice installed, this happens because Base is the default program that opens OpenDocument databases.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to open databases using Windows Explorer that is set to view files as thumbnails.
by Kaj Kandler
Open a Database from Windows Explorer with files shown as thumbnails
- How files look like with the Windows Explorer view set to show files as thumbnails.
- How to open databases in Base from Windows Explorer.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Open a saved database from its file
- Open a Database from Windows Explorer with files shown with details
- Open a Database from Windows Explorer with files shown as icons
- Open a Database from Windows Explorer with files shown as tiles
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.