OpenOffice Tutorial: Sort query results in ascending order
- To sort query results in ascending order first make sure that results of the query have already been opened, then click on the field where the data will be sorted by.
- In this example we want to sort the data based on the results on the field "Last Name." So we are clicking on the column labeled "LastName" here.
- The column should be highlighted once you do this.
- Next, look for the "Sort Ascending" button. It should have an Icon with an "A" above a "Z" with a down arrow beside them.
- Just, click on this once to sort the data in ascending order.
- Great! As you can see the data has been arranged in ascending order using this field (column) as the basis.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to sort query results in ascending order.
by Kaj Kandler
Sort query results in ascending order
- How to select a field as the basis for sorting.
- How to sort the data in the field in ascending order.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.