OpenOffice Tutorial: Sort query results with multiple columns/fields
- It is possible to set the sorting order of query results based on multiple columns or fields.
- To do this, click here on the "Sort" button once. Look for the icon with an "A" above a "Z."
- The sort order window should open.
- Now, select the first field name you want to sort the results by. Just click on this down-arrow...
- ...and then click on the field name you want.
- Then, you can choose the sort order here for that field by clicking on this down arrow.
- When the list opens, choose if you want the field to be sorted in ascending or descending order. Click on the option once.
- Afterwards, repeat the process for the next fields you want the results to be sorted by. Just select their field name and then the sort order.
- Once you're done, just press "OK"
- Great! These results have been set a sort order.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to sort query results with multiple columns
by Kaj Kandler
Sort query results with multiple columns/fields
This screencast demonstrates how to sort query results with multiple columns/fields. You learn:
- How to open the sort order window.
- How to sort query results using multiple fields.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Sort query results in ascending order
- Sort query results in descending order
- Set the sort order of existing queries
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.