OpenOffice Tutorial: Rename a table
- To rename a table in a database first click on the "Tables" icon here.
- Afterwards, you should see the list of tables in the database appear here.
- Move your mouse over the table you want to rename and right-click on it.
- The context menu should open. Move your mouse over the "Rename" option and click on it once.
- The rename window should appear. Click on this field to start renaming the table.
- Now, type in the new name you want for the table.
- Afterwards, click on OK.
- Great! The table "Persons" has been renamed. It is now the table "People"
- Congratulations! You have learned how to rename tables.
by Kaj Kandler
Rename a table
This screencast demonstrates how to rename a table. You learn:
- How to view the list of available tables in a database.
- How to rename a database from that list.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Create a new table using the table wizard
- Add a field for a table
- Insert a field (Coming Soon)
- Delete a field in a table
- Enter data to a table (Coming Soon)
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.