OpenOffice Tutorial: Start Base Application for Databases
- Start OpenOffice.org Base from the Windows Start-Menu.
- Click on "All Programs".
- Select the "OpenOffice.org 2.0" folder.
- Select "OpenOffice.org Base".
- The splash-screen shows the progress while the application is loading.
- OpenOffice.org Base needs a database to work with. Use the "Database Wizard" to create a new database.
- Click "Next" to go to the second step of the wizard.
- Decide if you want to register the new database as a data-source for other OpenOffice.org applications.
- Determine the next steps in creating the new database.
- Click the "Finish" button to create the database.
- Save the new database to a file. Choose the folder and a name you can remember.
- Click the "Save" button to save the file and to close the dialog.
- This is the OpenOffice.org Base window with a new database file.
- The "Database" window contains objects, such as tables, queries, forms, and reports.
- The "Task" window offers two ways to create a form.
- The "Forms" window lists and previews forms.
- Click on the red "X" in the upper right corner to close the application window>.
by Kaj Kandler
Start OpenOffice.org Base Application
- How to navigate the Microsoft Windows "Start" menu.
- How to create an initial database.
- How the main window in OpenOffice Base looks with an empty database.
- How to close OpenOffice Base.
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.