OpenOffice Tutorial: Delete a field in a table
- To delete a field within a table, first make sure that you are in the tables view by clicking on the "Tables" icon here.
- Good. You should see the list of available tables here.
- Now, move your mouse over the table you want to edit and right-click on it once.
- The context menu should open. Look for the "Edit" option and then click on it once.
- The design view should open.
- Now, look for the field you want to delete and click once on its field name here.
- You should see that a right arrow appears on the box, left of the field name. This indicates that this field has been selected.
- Right click over this to bring up a context menu.
- To delete the selected field, click on the option "Delete" here.
- Great! The field has been deleted.
- Save the changes we made to this table by clicking on this diskette icon..
- Now, move your mouse over this "X" icon to close the table design view.
- Now, let's just check if the field has been deleted. Just move your mouse over the table's name here and double click on it.
- As you can see the field "Date of Birth" is no longer here.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to delete a field within a table.
by Kaj Kandler
Delete a field in a table
This screencast demonstrates how to delete a field in a table. You learn:
- How to go to the design view of a table.s
- How to delete an existing field.
- How to save the changes in the table.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.