OpenOffice Tutorial: Enter data into a table
- To enter data into a table first click on the tables icon here.
- Next, look for the name of the table you want to enter data in and then double click on it.
- The table should now open. Now, start entering data by clicking on the first blank field. In this example, since the PersonID field has the autofield feature we are clicking on the FirsName field instead.
- After clicking on it, just type in the appropriate kind of data into the field.
- Afterwards, click on the next field to the right and again type in the appropriate data. Do this until all of the data you need has been entered.
- Once done, save the new data you have entered by clicking here on the save button. Just look for the diskette icon.
- Great! We have saved the new data.
- Now, click on this "X" icon to close the table.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to enter data into a table.
by Kaj Kandler
Enter data into a table
This screencast demonstrates how to enter data into a table. You learn:
- How to open a table.
- How to enter data into the fields of a table.
- How to save the changes you made in a table.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Enter data into a table using the context menu
- Add a field for a table
- Insert a field in a table
- Delete a field in a table
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.