OpenOffice Tutorial: Enter data into a table using the context menu
- To enter data using the context menu, first make sure you are in the tables view by clicking on the "Tables" icon here.
- Now, you should see a list of available tables appear.
- Look for the table you want to enter data in and right-click over its name.
- Once the menu appears, click on the option "Open"
- Good. The table has opened. Start entering data by clicking on the first blank field.
- Then afterwards, type in the data appropriate for the field.
- Once finished, click on the next fields and enter the data for them as well.
- Great. One record has been finished. Notice that spaces for a new record has appeared below the one we just made.
- If you still have more records to enter, just click on it, and once again enter the appropriate data in the fields provided.
- Once you have finished entering data, save the changes you've made by clicking on the save button here. It is the one with the "diskette" icon.
- Afterwards, click on this "X" icon to close the table.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to enter data using the context menu.
by Kaj Kandler
Enter data into a table using the context menu
- How to open a table using the context menu.
- How to enter data into the fields of a table.
- How to save the changes you made in a table.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.