OpenOffice Tutorial: Delete name reference
- To delete a name reference, first click on the cell that needs its name reference removed.
- Once selected you should see the cell's name reference here at the name box.
- Now, click here on "Insert."
- Then on the menu that opens, move your mouse over "Names."
- A side menu should appear. Click on the "Define" option.
- The define names window should appear.
- You should see the name references here. Click on the one you want to delete.
- Afterwards, just click on delete.
- Now, If a confirmation window appears, just click on "Yes."
- Good! As you can see the list is now empty.
- Then, just click on OK.
- Great! Now if we click again on the cell...
- ...you will see that the cell's default name is now being used by looking at the name box.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to delete name references.
by Kaj Kandler
Delete name reference
This screencast demonstrates how to delete name reference. You learn:
- How to select cells.
- How to access the Define Names window.
- How to delete the reference name of a cell.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.