OpenOffice Tutorial: Format cell numbers into fractions
- You can actually change decimal figures to fractions easily within cells.
- To do this, move your mouse over one of the cells you want to format, then click and hold the left mouse button.
- Now, while holding the button, move your mouse towards the other cells you want selected.
- Once you have selected the cells you want, release the mouse button.
- Next, click here on "Format" and then on the menu that opens click on "Cells..."
- The format cells window should appear. If it is not open yet, click on the "Numbers" tab here.
- Then, on the Category list find and click on "Fraction"
- Afterwards, click on the fraction format you want.
- Once you're done click on OK.
- Great! As you can see the decimal numbers have turned into fractions.
- Congratulations! You have learned to format cells into fractions.
by Kaj Kandler
Format cell numbers into fractions
This screencast demonstrates how to format cell numbers into fractions. You learn:
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Format cell numbers into currency figures
- Format cell numbers into percent values using the toolbar
- Format percent/currency/fraction numbers into standard numbers
- Format numbers in cells into scientific notation
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.