OpenOffice Tutorial: Draw an Ellipse
- To start drawing an Ellipse, first find the Ellipse Button.
- You can find it here. It is the one with the Ellipse Icon.
- Just click on it once.
- Now, move your mouse to the drawing area and find the spot where you want to put one corner of your ellipse.
- Once you have found the spot, click and hold down the left mouse button.
- While holding the button, move your mouse to start drawing your Ellipse.
- A ghost of the Ellipse appears to guide you while drawing.
- Just move your mouse until you are satisfied with the size of your Ellipse.
- Release the mouse button when you are done.
- Congratulations! You have drawn an Ellipse.
- If still you want to re-adjust the size of the Ellipse just click and hold on these adjustment boxes while moving your mouse.
- Just left click once on a blank space to look at the Ellipse without the adjustment boxes.
- Finished! You have created an Ellipse.
by Kaj Kandler
Draw an Ellipse
This screencast gives step by step procedures for drawing an ellipse.
You will learn:
- How to find the "Ellipse" button.
- How to draw an Ellipse using the "Ellipse" tool.
- How to adjust the size of an ellipse.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- How to draw a block arrow.
- How to draw a circle.
- How to draw a line.
- How to draw a line with an arrow tipS.>
- How to draw a rectangle.
- How to draw a smiley face or other symbols.
- How to draw a square
- How to insert a text frame.
- How to force equal height and width while drawing a shape.
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.