A paragraph is a block of continuous text. A paragraph always starts at a new line.
In Writer you start a new paragraph by typing at the start of a new line and end it with the "Enter"-key. The end of a paragraph is optionally marked by a nonprinting "¶" character, the paragraph mark.
The following screencasts demonstrate how to format paragraphs:
- Enter text into Writer.
- Change alignment to center
- Change alignment to justified
- Change alignment to left
- Change alignment to right
- Increase paragraph indent
- Decrease paragraph indent
- Define first line indent
- How to view nonprinting characters, such as "¶".
- How to hide nonprinting characters, such as "¶".
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.