In a way, toolbars are very similar to menus. They are both used to select from a choice of different actions that transform the status of the application in some way, however, toolbars are more flexible. Each toolbar has a surrounding window which can be detached or docked with the application window. Toolbars can also be customized to the user's preferences.
The following screencasts demonstrate how to use toolbars:
- How to use toolbars.
- How to dock a toolbar window.
- How to detach a toolbar window.
- How to customize toolbars.
- How to create your own toolbar.
- Format selected text in bold.
- Format selected text in italics.
- Format selected text in underlined.
- Change the font size of selected text using the toolbar.
- Close a text document using the toolbar.
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.