Technical Support for OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice
A good video says more then 100 words. Find one over 1000 videos (screencasts) to learn the OpenOffice or LibreOffice Applications Writer, Calc, Impress, Math and Base
Watch a screencast about "Find using wildcards in regular expressions"
Table of Contents
- Introduction to OpenOffice.org
- OpenOffice.org Writer
- OpenOffice.org Impress
- OpenOffice.org Draw
- OpenOffice.org Math
- OpenOffice.org Calc
- OpenOffice.org Base
- OpenOffice.org text based help
The website contains currently 1050 video based help topics with
- 160 screencasts for editing text documents,
- 223 screencasts for creating presentations,
- 97 screencasts for drawing graphics,
- 208 screencasts for setting complex mathematical formulas,
- 211 screencasts for calculating data with a spreadsheet,
- 57 screencasts for managing data with a database,
- 94 screencasts for general tasks using OpenOffice.org,
- and 546 glossary terms.
We frequently expand the number of topics and glossary entries. Please visit us often to see the new screencasts and content.
In addition we display 4000+ text based help topics, derived from the latest version of OpenOffice.org's online help.
All content can be searched with Plan-B's smart search engine which helps users to find what they are looking for.
Technical Support for Non-Technical Users
This is "Plan-B" for frustrated, non technical users of the Open Office productivity suite. A visual software manual with videos and a smart search engine.
Most software documentation is hard to understand for ordinary users. Those of us that are not computer wizards, but doctors, secretaries, shop keepers, plumbers, etc. complain "I don't find what I'm looking for in the manual" and "If I find something in the documentation I have a hard time understanding it." Many vent their frustration with sentences like "Why is this manual written in a foreign language?" If this does sound all too familiar, you are about to discover the solution.
This website "Plan-B for OpenOffice.org" offers professional technical support for OpenOffice.org in a manner that makes it easy for non technical users, to understand, discover and learn the features and how to apply them. It is designed with the following principles in mind:
- Demonstrate rather than describe, through screencasts (short videos),
- Understand the users' language for searching the documentation,
- Learn from users what they are looking for
- Always available online - 24/7 Internet based
In order to use this website you need a
Java™ enabled web-browser.
If your browser does not have the Java™ plug-in installed,
you will be prompted to install it.
We provide installation help for:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Java™ is a trademark of Oracle