OpenOffice Tutorial: Detaching a Toolbar
- It is possible to detach toolbars and move them to any location you prefer on screen.
- To do this, first move your mouse to the leftmost side of the toolbar, near the gray dots.
- Afterwards, click and hold the left mouse button.
- While holding the button move your mouse to start dragging the toolbar to a new location.
- Notice that a ghost of the toolbar appears to guide you in moving the toolbar.
- Now, just release the mouse button when you are ready to place the toolbar.
- Great! You have detached and moved this toolbar to a new location.
- Take note that it is possible to move the toolbar beyond the confines of its mother window. In this case it can be placed beyond the Writer window.
- Congratulations! You've learned how to detach toolbars.
by Kaj Kandler
Detaching a Toolbar
This screencast shows you the step by step process on how to detach a toolbar.
You will learn how to:
- Select a toolbar.
- Detach a toolbar.
- Move a toolbar to a preferred location.
This tutorial procedure can be applied to the following OpenOffice.org modules.
For other ways in using toolbars see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.