OpenOffice Tutorial: Disable the Java Runtime Environment for OpenOffice.org
- It is possible to disable the Java Runtime Environment in OpenOffice.org
- To do this, first open any of the OpenOffice.org applications. In this case we have opened Writer.
- Once the application is open click on the "Tools" option here in the menu bar.
- Then, on the menu that opens, click on "Options..."
- The options dialogue window should open.
- Now, look for the main "OpenOffice.org" options here.
- Under it you should see several adjustment options that covers all of the OpenOffice.org applications.
- Just look for the "Java" control options and click on it once.
- Good! The Java options should appear in this panel here.
- Now, to disable the Java runtime environment, look for the "Use a Java runtime environment" checkbox here.
- Just click once on the checkbox to uncheck this option and disable the Java runtime environment.
- Afterwards, just click on OK to confirm your changes.
- Great! You have disabled the Java runtime environment for OpenOffice.org
by Kaj Kandler
Disable the Java Runtime Environment for OpenOffice.org
This screencast demonstrates how to disable the Java Runtime Environment for OpenOffice.org. You learn:
- How to find the Options Dialogue window.
- How to access the Java Options.
- How to disable the Java Runtime Environment for Openoffice.org
This tutorial procedure can be applied to the following OpenOffice.org modules.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Enable and Choose a Java Runtime Environment for OpenOffice.org
- Set memory options to improve application performance and responsiveness
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.