OpenOffice Tutorial: Edit the author field value
- This screencast demonstrates how to edit the author field value for OpenOffice.org
- In this example, we have inserted an author field here with the text of a slide in Impress.
- To edit the author field, first click here on tools.
- Then, on the menu that opens, click on "Options..."
- The options window should open. Under the general options for OpenOffice.org you should see the "User Data" section here. If it is not open, click on it once.
- You should see the fields for the user's (or author's) first name, last name and initials here. Just click on the fields and type in the additions or changes you want to do.
- Once you're done editing the fields, click here on "OK."
- Great! As you can see the author field here changed to match the user data we just entered. Congratulations!
by Kaj Kandler
Edit the author field value
This screencast demonstrates how to edit the author field value in OpenOffice.org. You learn:
- How to find the Options Dialogue window.
- How to change the user data's name fields.
- How to edit the author field value.
This tutorial procedure can be applied to the following OpenOffice.org modules.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.