OpenOffice Tutorial: Enable and choose a Java Runtime Environment for OpenOffice.org
- It is possible to enable and choose the Java Runtime Environment in OpenOffice.org.
- To do this, first open any OpenOffice.org application. In this example we have opened Writer.
- Next, click on the "Tools" option here.
- Then, on the menu that opens click on "Options..."
- The Options dialogue window should open. Now, look for the OpenOffice.org options here.
- Under it you should see the option "Java." Click on this once.
- The Java options should appear in this panel. Next, look for the option "Use a Java runtime environment."
- Just click on this checkbox to enable the Java runtime environment for OpenOffice.org
- Once enabled, you should see the list of installed Jave runtime environments become available here.
- Just click on the "JRE" vendor and version you want.
- Afterwards, just click on OK.
- Great! You have enabled and chosen your Java runtime environment.
by Kaj Kandler
Enable and choose a Java Runtime Environment for OpenOffice.org
This screencast demonstrates how to enable and choose a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) for OpenOffice.org. You learn:
- How to find the Options Dialogue window.
- How to access the Java Options.
- How to enable the Java Runtime Environment for Openoffice.org.
- How to choose a Java Runtime Environment type and version.
This tutorial procedure can be applied to the following OpenOffice.org modules.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Disable the Java Runtime Environment for OpenOffice.org
- Set memory options to improve application performance and responsiveness
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.