OpenOffice Tutorial: Set the Auto Save/Recovery Interval
- To set the time intervals for the automatic saving of files, first click on the "Tools" option here.
- Next, on the menu that drops down, click on "Options..."
- Once the options dialog window opens, look for the "Load/Save" option in the menu tree here and click on the "plus sign" beside it.
- Several other options should drop down. Click on "General."
- Notce that this part of the window changes, and the "general" options should appear.
- Look for the checkbox marked "Save AutoRecovery information every." Click on it once to start setting its time.
- You should see the "minutes" field here become available.
- Click on the up and down arrows here to increase or decrease the time interval for automatic saves.
- For this example we are going to keep the interval at the default 15 minutes.
- Afterwards, click on "OK."
- Great! We have set the automatic save or recovery interval to 15 minutes.
by Kaj Kandler
Set the Auto Save/Recovery Interval
This screencast demonstrates how to set the auto save/recovery interval. You learn:
This tutorial procedure can be applied to the following OpenOffice.org modules.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Enable the first character capitalization auto correct feature
- Enable the auto correction feature for two initial capital characters
- Set memory options to improve application performance and responsiveness
- Enable and choose a Java Runtime Environment for OpenOffice.org
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.