OpenOffice Tutorial: Access the excess buttons in the toolbar
- This screencast demonstrates how to access the excess buttons in the toolbar of OpenOffice.org applications.
- First though, we shall drag select some cells that we want to format.
- In this example, we want the remove a decimal place from these cells that are being selected.
- Good! The cells have been selected. Unfortunately, the button for deleting decimal places cannot be seen here in the formatting toolbar.
- In cases like this, when the application window has been resized you may see this button. This means that there are other buttons available but not visible in the toolbar. Just click on this button to show them.
- Great! As you can see all the other excess buttons can be found here. We can now see the "Delete Decimal Place" button. Just click on it once to perform its action.
- Good! The cells have lost one decimal place.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to access the excess buttons in a toolbar. Remember that this can be applied to all other OpenOffice.org applications.
by Kaj Kandler
Access the excess buttons in the toolbar
This screencast demonstrates how to access the excess buttons in the toolbar. You learn:
- How to select cells.
- How to access the excess buttons in the toolbar.
This tutorial procedure can be applied to the following OpenOffice.org modules.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.