OpenOffice Tutorial: Access the extra buttons in the toolbar (with bug report)
- This screencast demonstrates how to access the extra toolbar buttons in OpenOffice.org when the application window isn't fully open. Unfortunately it also exposes a possible bug.
- First, we shall select the cells we will format. In this example we are selecting all the cells in row 1 and column A.
- Next, we will access the extra buttons in the toolbar by clicking on this button here.
- Once the menu opens, you should see the list of toolbar buttons that were hidden because of the smaller application window. Now, we shall attempt to change the selected text's color by clicking on the "Font Color" button here.
- There, unfortunately, as you can see the dialog window that should let us pick the color for the font doesn't appear.
- This is probably a bug that prevents the dialog window to open when some toolbar buttons are hidden like this.
- It is therefore recommended that you either maximize the window so that the dialog window appears, or you can also try and access the action you need at the "Format" and "Insert" options found near the top of the application window.
- Great! We have learned something important today.
by Kaj Kandler
Access the extra buttons in the toolbar (with bug report)
This screencast demonstrates how to access the extra buttons in the toolbar (with bug report). You learn:
- How to select cells.
- How to access the extra buttons in the toolbar.
- About the possible bug that happens when using the extra buttons.
This tutorial procedure can be applied to the following OpenOffice.org modules.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Access the excess buttons in the toolbar
- Hide a toolbar button using the customize dialog window
- View hidden toolbar buttons using the customize dialog window
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.