OpenOffice Tutorial: Hide toolbar buttons
- You can actually hide buttons which you may not need in the toolbar.
- In this example we want to hide the "Save As" button seen here.
- To do this first we'll access some of the excess buttons by clicking on this button here.
- Once the menu opens, look for the "Visible Buttons" option here and move your mouse over it.
- A side menu should open containing the list of buttons currently available. The checked ones are visible while those without a check are hidden.
- To hide one of these buttons, you have to uncheck it by clicking on its name or icon.
- Since, we want to hide the "Save As" button, we are clicking on it here.
- Great! As you can see the "Save As" button has now been hidden.
- Remember that you can do this for all OpenOffice.org applications.Congratulations! You have learned how to hide toolbar buttons.
by Kaj Kandler
Hide toolbar buttons
This screencast demonstrates how to hide toolbar buttons. You learn:
- How to access the excess buttons in the toolbar.
- How to hide a button in the toolbar.
This tutorial procedure can be applied to the following OpenOffice.org modules.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Access the excess buttons in the toolbar
- Change a button's position in the toolbar
- Reset toolbar buttons to default values
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.