OpenOffice Tutorial: Reset toolbar buttons to default values
- It is possible to reset toolbars to their original default values.
- In this example, the "Save As" button here should actually not appear by default and has been customized to be shown.
- To reset the toolbar buttons, first click here on "View."
- Then, on the menu that opens, move your mouse over the option "Toolbars."
- A side menu should appear. Look here for the "Customize..." option and click on it once.
- The customize window should open. Now, in the toolbar tab, click here on this down arrow to view a list of toolbars to edit.
- Just click once over the name of the toolbar. In this example, we are selecting the Standard toolbar where the "Save As" button is.
- Next, click here on the toolbar button to see a list of actions.
- Now, reset the toolbar we selected by clicking here on the "Restore Default Settings" option.
- You will then be asked to confirm the action. Just click on "Yes" and then "OK."
- Great! As you can see the "Save As" button has disappeared since it is not part of the default setting for this toolbar.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to reset the toolbar to default values.
by Kaj Kandler
Reset toolbar buttons to default values
This screencast demonstrates how to reset toolbar buttons to default values. You learn:
- How to find the customize dialog window.
- How to reset toolbar buttons to their default values.
This tutorial procedure can be applied to the following OpenOffice.org modules.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Hide a toolbar button
- View hidden toolbar buttons
- Change a button's position in the toolbar
- Save toolbar changes to a document or template (Warning: Bug Reported)
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.