OpenOffice Tutorial: View toolbar buttons as text only
- In all OpenOffice.org applications, toolbar buttons are shown as icons by default, but its possible to change this to text only, or to icons with text.
- To view toolbar buttons as text only, you have to access the customize dialog window.
- Access the window by first clicking on the "View" option here.
- Then, on the menu that opens move your mouse over the option "Toolbars."
- Afterwards, a side menu should appear. Just look for the "Customize..." option and click on it once.
- Once, the customize window opens, go to the toolbar tab and choose the toolbar you want to change by clicking on this down-arrow here.
- A list of toolbars should open. Just click on the toolbar you want to change.
- Once the toolbar is selected click here on the "Toolbar" button.
- On the menu that opens, you should see the different viewing options. To view the buttons as text, click on "Text Only."
- Afterwards, click on "OK."
- Great! As you can see, all the buttons have changed to text only.
- Congratulations! You have learned how to change toolbar buttons to text only.
by Kaj Kandler
View toolbar buttons as text only
This screencast demonstrates how to view toolbar buttons as text only. You learn:
- How to access the customize dialog window.
- How to change the view of toolbar buttons to text only.
This tutorial procedure can be applied to the following OpenOffice.org modules.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- View toolbar buttons as icons only
- View toolbar buttons as text and icons
- Reset toolbar buttons to default values
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.