OpenOffice Tutorial: Keep lines together.
- It is possible to prevent paragraphs from being split between pages. To do this, first you must select the paragraph.
- To select a paragraph, click and hold the left mouse button on any part of the paragraph, then move your mouse.
- Once a part of the paragraph is selected release the mouse button.
- Now, go here and click on "Format."
- Next, in the menu that appears click on "Paragraph..."
- The paragraph dialog window apprears.
- Look for the tab "Text Flow" and click on it once.
- In the text flow options area, click on the box "Do not split paragraph."
- Then just press OK.
- Great! The paragraph lines should now always be together.
- Congratulations! You have learned to set the text flow to not split paragraphs.
by Kaj Kandler
Keep lines together in a paragraph.
This screencast demonstrates how avoid splitting the a paragraph between two pages. You learn:
- How to select a paragraph.
- How to format the text flow to keep the lines together on one page.
For related functionality see:
- Keep a paragraph on the same page as the following paragraph.
- Avoid a paragraph breaking to the next page off after only few lines (orphan).
- Avoid breaking off only a few lines from a paragraph to the next page (widow).
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.