OpenOffice Tutorial: Craete a Drop Cap for a Paragraph.
How-To: OpenOffice Tutorial: Craete a Drop Cap for a Paragraph.
- Paragraphs can be formatted to have a "Drop Cap." To do this first you must select the paragraph.
- You can select paragraphs by first clicking and holding the left mouse button anywhere on the paragraph.
- While holding the mouse button, move your mouse downward to start selecting one or more paragraphs.
- Once you've selected part of your last paragraph, just release the mouse button.
- Now, click on "Format."
- Afterwards, on the menu that opens click on "Paragraph..."
- The paragraph dialog window opens. Next, look for the "Drop Caps" tab here and click on it.
- Once open, look for the "Display drop caps" checkbox and click on it once.
- Afterwards just press OK.
- Great! We've made drop caps for both paragraphs..
- Congratulations! You've learned how to create Drop Caps.
by Kaj Kandler
Create a Drop Cap for a Paragraph.
- How to select a paragraph.
- How to navigate to the paragraph dialog.
- How to set the first character as a drop cap.
For related functionality see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.