OpenOffice Tutorial: Lead a Paragraph with a Drop Cap Word.
- It is possible for the whole first word of a paragraph to become a drop cap.
- To do this first you must select the paragraphs that you want the drop caps to be in.
- To select the paragraphs, click and hold the left mouse button then move your mouse.
- While holding the button, move the mouse until you have selected a part of the last paragraph you want to format.
- Just release the mouse button when you are finished selecting.
- Next, click on "Format."
- On the menu that opens, click on "Paragraph."
- The paragraph dialog window should appear. If it isnt already open, click on the tab "Drop Caps."
- Next, find the "Display drop caps" checkbox and click on it once.
- The other options below should now be available.
- Click on the "Whole word" box so that the first word becomes the drop cap of the paragraph.
- You can also adjust the drop cap's distance to other text here.
- Just click on these arrows to increase/decrease the space.
- Once you're done click on OK.
- Great! as you can see the first words of the pharagraphs have become drop caps.
- Congratulations! You can now make one word drop caps.
by Kaj Kandler
Lead a Paragraph with a Drop Cap Word.
This screencast demonstrates how to make the first word of a paragraph a drop cap. You learn:
- How to select a paragraph.
- How to find the paragraph dialog.
- How to format a paragraph's first word as a drop cap.
For related functionality see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.