OpenOffice Tutorial: Format first line indent.
- It is possible to manually set the "first line indent" of a paragraph.
- To do this, first click anywhere on the paragraph to select it.
- Now, go here and click on "Format."
- Next, in the menu that appears click on "Paragraph..."
- The paragraph dialog window should appear.
- Under the "Indents and Spacing" tab you will find several indentation options.
- You can see the three main indentation options here.
- Directly across each of them you will find these numbered fields. They indicate the values for adjusting the indentation options.
- For this example we are adjusting the "First Line Indent." Its can be adjusted here.
- Just click on the "up" or "down" buttons to increase or decrease the first line indent.
- Once you're done just press OK.
- Great! Notice that the first line of the paragraph has been indented.
- Congratulations! You can now format the "First Line Indent" of a paragraph.
by Kaj Kandler
Format first line indent.
This screencast demonstrates how to set a paragraph's first line indent. You learn:
- How to select a paragraph.
- How to set the offset from the left border for the first line of a paragraph.
For related functionality see:
- Increase paragraph indent.
- Decrease paragraph indent.
- Define the hanging indent.
- Format a paragraph left-aligned.
- Format a paragraph right-aligned.
- Format a paragraph centered.
- Format a paragraph justified with both borders.
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.