OpenOffice Tutorial: Keep paragraphs together.
- It is possible keep paragraphs or lines like this to always stay together when they encounter page breaks.
- To do this, click on the first paragraph to select it.
- Next, click here on "Format."
- In the menu that appears, click once on "Paragraph..."
- The paragraph dialog window should appear.
- You should see several tabs. Click on "Text Flow" if it isn't already open.
- Once open, look in the options area, then click on the "Keep with next paragraph" checkbox.
- Afterwards just press OK.
- Great! Now this paragraph will always stay together with the next one even when there is a page break.
- Congratulations! You can now format the text flow of paragraphs to always keep together.
by Kaj Kandler
Keep paragraphs together.
This screencast demonstrates how to keep paragraphs together on one page. You learn:
- How to select a paragraph.
- How to format the text flow to keep a paragraph together on the same page as the next paragraph.
For related functionality see:
- Keep lines of the same paragraph together.
- Determine space below a paragraph.
- Determine space above a paragraph.
- Avoid a paragraph breaking to the next page after only few lines (orphan).
- Avoid breaking off only a few lines from a paragraph to the next page (widow).
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.