OpenOffice Tutorial: Format the space above a paragraph.
- It is possible to adjust the space above paragraphs.
- Do this by first selecting the paragraph by clicking anywhere on it.
- Next, click on "Format."
- On the menu that opens, click on "Paragraph..."
- The paragraph dialog window appears.
- Click on the "Indents & Spacing" tab if it isn't already open.
- Look for the paragraph spacing options here. Find the option "Above paragraph"
- Across it, there should be a numbered field that indicates the current value of the spacing above the paragraph.
- Click on these arrows to increase or decrease the value of the space.
- For our example we have increased the spacing above the paragraph to 0.24"
- Once you're finished just click on OK.
- Notice that the space above this paragraph has now increased.
- Great! You have learned to adjust the spacing above paragraphs.
by Kaj Kandler
Format the space above a paragpraph.
This screencast demonstrates how to increase or decrease the space above a paragraph. You learn:
- How to select a paragraph.
- How to find the format paragraph dialog.
- How to increase or decrease the space above the paragraph.
For related functionality see:
- Format the space above a paragraph.
- Format the space below a paragraph.
- Keep lines of the same paragraph together.
- Keep paragraph on the same page as the next one.
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.