OpenOffice Tutorial: Insert Page Number
- Scroll down to insert the page number into the footer.
- Position the cursor into the footer.
- Set the paragraph format to "Align Right".
- To insert the "Page Number" field at the cursor position, click on the "Insert" menu.
- Select the "Fields" item from the menu.
- Select the "Page Number" item from the sub menu.
- Notice the "1" with the gray background. This is the page number field.
- Scroll down to the next page to verify the number changes with each page.
- Notice the page number field on the following page. As expected, it shows a "2".
by Kaj Kandler
Insert page number
This screencast demonstrates how to insert the "Page Number" field, for example into the footer of a text document in OpenOffice.org Writer. You learn:
- How to position your cursor in the footer.
- How to insert the "Page Number" field at the cursor position.
- The appearance of a field in a text document.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.