OpenOffice Tutorial: Save Text Document in Microsoft Word format
- To save a document in Microsoft Word format, click on the "File" menu.
- Select the "Save As..." item from the menu.
- The "Save As" dialog appears.
- Click on the arrow of the drop-down list for the "Save as type: " field.
- To define the type of the file, select "Microsoft Word ... (.doc)" item from the list.
- Click on the "Save" button to finish the dialog.
- By default OpenOffice.org warns you if a target file type can not save all formatting information.
- Click the "Yes" button to confirm your decison.
- Watch the progress of saving the new copy of the file in the "Status" bar.
- Remember that from now on you are working on a new copy of the file under a different name.
by Kaj Kandler
Save OpenOffice Document as Microsoft Word® file (doc)
This screencast demonstrates how to save an OpenOffice document as Microsoft Word® file (*.doc) using the "File" menu. You learn:
- How to save an OpenOffice Writer text document in a different format.
- How to use the "File" menu to save a text document to Microsoft doc format.
- How to watch the progress while saving a document.
- How to confirm that a document has been saved.
For advanced functionality with similar results see:
- Save a new text document in Open Office Writer.
- Save a document in Open Office Writer.
- Save a text document under a different name (Save As…).
- Save a text document using the toolbar.
- Save a text document using a keyboard-shortcut.
- Save a text document in a different format.
- Save a text document as an Open Office template.
- Export a text document as PDF.
- Save a spreadsheet as Microsoft Excel® file (.xls)
- Save a drawing.
- Save a formula.
- Save a presentation as Microsoft PowerPoint® file (.ppt)
OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
Microsoft Word® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.